Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"He scared me....."

Lilly is staying with me again tonight! After we read our book, Lilly asked to watch "Beauty and the Beast" in my room. She usually watches a movie until she falls asleep and "Beauty and the Beast" is one of her favorites. I got her settled and turned on the movie. About 20 minutes later, she came walking down the hall and said, "Sarah, I need to tell you something,"she sniffled a little and continued, "he scared me". And then she was all out crying! Poor thing! Apparently, the Beast was more scary than usual. So, Lilly ended up falling asleep on Aunt Sarah.

Let me tell you how awesome it felt to be the one that Lilly needed; I saved her from the scary beast! Now, I'm sure that if I was a full-time parent and had to deal with "scary" things every night, I would've been annoyed by this. But, since I don't have kids every night, I loved it.

And now, I'm thinking (dangerous, I know). How often do I deprive God of this joy? How many times do I turn somewhere else when I'm scared? We are told to come to the Lord like a child and I fail at that so many times. Lilly was scared, by the Beast, but not scared to come to me and tell me that she was scared. Why do I feel like I have to try and deal with what scares me instead of just going to God and saying, "I'm scared" ?

No comments:

Post a Comment