Monday, June 21, 2010

I miss real conversations. I am not saying that I don't have real conversations, but I think that technology has gotten in the way of them. Text messages, e-mails, voicemails, FB chat, FB wall post, even phone calls.............not real conversations. I miss sitting with a friend at a park or restaurant and talking about life, catching up on what you've missed since you last saw each other. I just miss that personal contact. And, this might sound weird, but I miss hand-written letters! Hand-written letters are probably the next best thing to face-to-face conversations.

There is this conversation that I know I need to have with someone, but it needs to be in person and that is just not an option. So, does this mean I wait to have the conversation? Or have the conversation in another form? My immediate response is to just not have the conversation, but it becomes more obvious to me everyday that things must be said. Ugh! I guess that a phone call would be the next best thing, but I'm really not that good on the phone. I don't think things through on the phone, I just say whatever comes to mind. I like the thought of writing a letter, but letters are one-sided and I would probably be waiting a lifetime for a response.

I think that the real problem is that I don't want to have this conversation at all. But, I know I have to do it. Preparing to have this conversation must be proceeded with lots of prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment